Today, I had some decent nachos at Bar Fly in Safety Harbor with a friend. I wanted, not for the first time, to have a list of places I’d eaten nachos, with notes about my opinion of their nachos.
I don’t eat out a lot, but when I do, I very often order nachos. I’m very disappointed when a place has nachos are obviously so bad that I don’t order them, or are disappointing when I do.
I registered some domain names (.com, .net and .org) to make such a list and share it.
I’m thinking some of the characteristics to track would be:
- Chip quality
- Greasiness (bad)
- Fake cheese (a huge negative)
- Chicken quality (I seldom get nachos with any other meat on them.)
- Amount of food
- Overall perception one value
- Whether the ingredients are mixed in with the chips
- Whether the chips can hold their form (not turn to mush) before I get to the bottom of the dish.
18 March 2018 Update: I’m going to keep track of nacho experiences here until I get the dedicated site up.
18 March 2018: Ford’s Garage (a restaurant) has terrific chicken nachos. The jalapeños weren’t even hot, but tasted good. Eating the left-over last half cold this Saturday morning, they’re incredible.
New aspect to track routinely: The morning after. How are the nachos the next day, fridge-cold?